Another Successful Continuing Education Class!
Our owner John introducing the class.
SERVPRO of Northeast Somerset County was privileged to have Steve Lyon of the Lyon Consulting Group to come this month and speak to many of the insurance and real estate professionals we work with regarding ethics. The class was held at the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn near our offices in Bridgewater. Steve gave us a very entertaining and informative class. If you’re interested in information on our future CE classes, please contact our Marketing Manager Lisa at lisa@SERVPROnesc.com.
Find SERVPRO at the NJAA Expo May 25th
Come by SERVPRO's booth to say hi to Lisa or Ron and pick up a giveaway!
Our Marketing Manager Lisa had a great time at the New Jersey Cooperator Expo at the Meadowlands Exposition Center yesterday! Look for her next at the New Jersey Apartment Association Conference and Expo in Atlantic City on May 25th. Come by our booth to say hi and pick up a giveaway!
SERVPRO does the Sustainable Somerset Green Challenge
SERVPRO of Northeast Somerset County is a proud member of the Somerset County Business Partnership.
SERVPRO® of Northeast Somerset County has been serving the fire, water, mold, and cleaning remediation and restoration needs of Somerset County, NJ since 1999. The owners of SERVPRO, John and Blake Zoephel, are very conscious of the need and responsibility to preserve our environment starting locally. Lisa Hirschmann, our Marketing Manager, is a member of the Somerset County Business Partnership’s (SCBP) Sustainable Somerset group, which issued the Green Challenge. The Challenge has been a great opportunity to review our day-to-day procedures in our Bridgewater office and on our job sites, to make sure we are doing everything we can to have a positive impact on the environment. The detailed Challenge questions guided us to focus on all aspects of sustainability.
Some of the actions we have taken since the SCBP Green Challenge are:
- Designating an area in our warehouse for recycling bins
- Making paper recycling convenient in the office
- Recycling plastic water bottles
- Collecting and recycling batteries used in our digital cameras
- Setting every office computer printer default to black and white
- Monitoring power usage by our drying equipment
SERVPRO was already operating in a number of ways that address environmental issues. Some of the practices we already had in place include:
- Recycling of appliances from job sites when they are damaged beyond use
- Recycling electronics with our local IT service provider
- Recycling demolished concrete or cement from job sites
- Donating or reusing all usable furnishings
- Providing energy-efficient lighting
- Using the programmable thermostat in our office
- Servicing and repairing our equipment regularly to make sure it remains energy- and water-efficient
- Recycling printer ink cartridges
- Using environmentally-friendly cleaning agents whenever possible
- Working towards fully digitized paperwork and billing
The new ideas and initiatives of the SCBP Green Challenge will continue to be integrated into our job flow. SERVPRO realizes our responsibility as a locally owned business to operate aware of our effect on the environment. With the leadership of the SCBP and participation of our fellow small businesses, we are excited for the future success of the Green Challenge and its positive impact on Somerset County.
If you are a local business that is interested in participating, see the Sustainable Somerset Green Challenge.
For your commercial and residential fire, water, mold, and cleaning remediation and restoration needs, contact SERVPRO 24 hours a day at 908-222-2020.